Sunday, January 25, 2009

Llamawhat?

Llamaduck. In case you've forgotten (or don't feel like going back to the first post), here's a reminder. Again, blame Ysabet-

This is a Llamaduck. It's a long story that long ago lost its plot as well as most of its main characters. Let's just say this song makes me laugh and I usually end up singing it for a week after I hear it. It brings back fond memories.

So anyhoo- It's Sunday night and I'm listening as the boys build a virtual theme park. The roller coasters they build have names like, Puke-a-rama, Puke-a-tron, and The Mean Green Puking Machine. Are you beginning to pick up on a pattern here? They try to build the things with a motion sickness rating of 95% or higher. Are all adolescent boys obsessed with bodily functions? Or am I worried for good reason?

I've been working at the bank for 14 months now and I am finally beginning to settle in, though I continue to be insecure about the job I am doing. I hate to answer questions about interest rates and the meaning of 'Pending Transactions'. I want a job that allows me to sit in a sunny, warm room, read books and then discuss them. My dream job? Lit Professor. That or lead tours around here. Until that day, I guess Bank Teller will have to do. The health insurance benefits are pretty good, at least.

No comments: